Continuing Education Information
Continuing Education Contact Hours
Continuing education contact hours are earned based on the number of sessions attended and evaluations completed. The APNA 30th Annual Conference will offer up to 28 total contact hours at the live conference.
Earn 100+ more contact hours at no additional cost with the session recordings after the conference! Using the APNA eLearning Center and attendee bonus points, you'll have access to the PDF handouts, audio podcast files, and CE contact hours for the conference sessions you missed. And it's INCLUDED in your registration fee!
Psychopharmacology Contact Hours
Seven sessions eligible for psychopharmacology contact hours will be offered at the APNA 30th Annual Conference (for a total of 10.25 contact hours). These sessions include:
- Pharmacology of Medical Cannabis*
- Risk Management Considerations When Prescribing Controlled Substances*
- Pharmacogenomics Nursing: Personalized Health Care*
- Fatal Attractions: Psychotropics, Cardio-Pulmonary Drugs, and AntiRetrovirals...Deadly Combinations
- How Not to Prescribe Benzodiazepines: You're getting nervous already, aren't you?
- 2015 ASAM Guidelines for the Use of Medications in Opioid Addictions: What Providers Need to Know about Implementing It into Practice
*Pre-Conference sessions: Registration for the Pre-Conference is an additional cost.
Conference Learning Outcomes
By the end of this continuing education activity the learner will be better able to:
Explore opportunities to develop networks for intra and inter-professional support and leadership development.
Apply innovative best practice tools and strategies in various workplace settings to improve the mental health of the population.
Advance psychiatric-mental health nursing by leading health care changes across administration, education, practice, and research.
Earning Your CE: Online Evaluations
Options for completing your evaluations include:
- In real-time as you go (if you have an internet connection through your smartphone, tablet, or laptop service provider)
- At the end of the day in your hotel room
- At the conference Evaluations Stations (computers will be available near Registration throughout the conference)
- At home after the conference. You can jot down your responses in your program book as you attend sessions, then log in at your convenience to complete the evaluations online.
Once you finish completing evaluations for the sessions you've attended, you'll then complete the Overall Evaluation, which will unlock your CE Certificate. Press "Post Final Credits & Create Certificate", and your CE Certificate will be pre-populated with your information and contact hours earned. You can have it emailed to your inbox, save a PDF version to your computer, or print it right then (printers will not be available at the on-site evaluations stations).
Evaluation Deadline: December 2, 2016
The conference registration fee includes access to the session recordings and updated handouts via the APNA eLearning Center. About a month or two after the conference, attendees will receive an email with detailed instructions on how to order these sessions for free with their Attendee Bonus Points. Attendees will be able to listen to each podcast directly on the site, or download the mp3 to listen to the session whenever (and wherever) desired. If a particular session was missed on-site, attendees will then be able to come back to their account on the eLearning Center to enter the CE Certificate code and complete the post test and evaluation. The CE Certificate for each session will be generated with the attendee's name and address information already included!
The American Psychiatric Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.