Membership Meetings via Conference Call
Calls will be held from 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm.
Please look for an e-mail with dial up instructions.
January 15, 2015
April 16, 2015
APNA Florida State Conference: "Changes and Challenges in Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing"
Saturday, March 21, 2015
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Palm Beach Atlantic University
School of Nursing
West Palm Beach, FL
Upon completion of this program, the participant will be able to:
1) Identify factors associated with risk for compassion fatigue.
2) Develop prevention plan incorporating at least three strategies to prevent compassion fatigue.
3) Review the impact of the political process on health policy and nursing practice.
4) Discuss the impact of proposed legislation in Florida on nursing practice and healthcare delivery.
5) Apply concepts of integrated care to treatment of substance use and mental health disorders.
6) Outline what is in the research pipeline for pharmacological treatments for psychiatry.
7) Articulate best practices of intervention with tobacco-dependent psychiatric patients.
8) Verbalize an understanding of the application of DSM 5 to clinical practice.
9) Practice mindfulness strategies as well as incorporate them into mental health promotion through education.
For further information, including registration, click here!
Interested in Submitting an Abtract or Poster for the Annual Conference?
The deadline to submit: February 21, 2015 by 5:00PM
Click here for more information!