1. Clinical Psychopharmacology Institute
2. APNA Annual Conference
8th Annual Clinical Psychopharmacology Institute - Psychopharmacology 2010: Translating Science and Transforming Practice
June 25-27, 2010 Reston Hyatt, Reston, VA
- Committee: G. Stevens (chair), MA Boyd, B. Warren, P. Black, L. Nguyen, K. Cox, J. Carbray, B Limandri, C. Teter (consultant)
- Record attendance: 327
- Registration fee reduced by $100 over 2009 rate
- 22 contact hours
- NIMH represented
- Topics presented across the lifespan
- Twelve 90 minute sessions recorded for CE online
- Educational grants: AZ, Janssen, and Pfizer
- Commercial support: 6 exhibitors
- Attendee evaluations support continued content on pharmacodynamic processes; evaluations will provide feedback for 2011 CPI content
- Upon completion of this presentation, the participant will be able to:
- Identify challenging psychopharmacology issues affecting the prescribing and administration of psychiatric medications with consideration of the interaction of neurobiological mechanisms, lifespan, and transcultural issues.
- Review evidence-based psychopharmacologic approaches for psychiatric mental health nurses relevant to the continuum of wellness and recovery.
- Discuss clinical perspectives related to the prescribing, administration, and monitoring of psychotropic medications for persons diagnosed with co-morbid psychiatric and physiological illnesses and clinical syndromes.
- Overall, facilities were conducive to learning.
- Overall, teaching methods were effective for the content.
- Overall, session content increased your knowledge and/or skills related to your practice of psychiatric nursing.
- Overall, sessions contained content appropriate to your level of nursing practice.
- Overall, sessions were effective as a learning resource.
APNA 24th Annual Conference - Psychiatric Nurses Champions of Advocacy: Advancing Practice, Education and Research
October 13-16, 2010 Kentucky International Convention Center, Louisville, KY
- Pre-registration: 911 (9/22/10)
- Earn up to 27.5 contact hours ( 41.5 with ANCC Review)
- Keynotes: Eric Arauz, Ron Manderscheid, Mary Moller – President’s address
- 2 lunch sessions
- Sponsored symposium
- ISE One Hour Face to Face program pilot – Boxed lunches available at ½ price to members (APNA supplemented)
- 6 product theatres including Wed lunch
- Janssen Scholars (15 grad; 15 undergrad chosen from 156 applicants)
- New this year
- New abstract submission and conference registration sites
- Attendees register for individual sessions or tracks
- Awards presented throughout conference
- Friday night Derby event arranged by local committee
- Consumer panel general session to introduce recovery
- Consumer Advisory /Recovery to Practice and APNA booth
- Foundation Wine and Cheese Reception
- Key CD (premium & basic) – earn additional 32 contact hours for $50
- 2 ANCC Courses (NP & PMHN review )
- Session totals
- 10 pre-conference sessions (2 with Rx contact hours)
- 64 concurrent sessions
- 12 interactive panels
- 130 posters (up to 3 contact hours)