The Safety Checks survey was sent out to the membership by the Institute for Safe Environments in September of 2010. Over 300 members filled out the survey. Click on each question to view a summary of the responses.
1. How do you define the term safety check?
2. What is your facility's minimum standard rounding practice?
3. How frequently do you perform safety checks?
4. Do you do a more thorough check at any point during the day?
5. What issues are documented during a safety check and how are they documented?
6. Does your staff receive specific training on conducting safety checks?
7. Have you found safety checks to be an effective tool? If so, how?