About the Chapter
The New England Chapter was founded in 1993. The Chapter is made up of Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island. Our membership is about 860 people. The largest group of members
come from MA. We believe our strength is in bringing all our states together. Read our latest !
As psychiatric nurses and members of the New England Chapter of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association, we collaborate and engage in fellowship to advance psychiatric nursing.
Any APNA member who resides in New England automatically becomes a member of the New England Chapter. If you are interested in joining or renewing your membership, please see the Membership tab on APNA’s home page for more information about the application process and dues.
We have a business meeting at the conference and a second business meeting at the APNA Annual Conference. There are working sessions for the Board of Directors that meet monthly. All members are invited.
The APNA New England Chapter has no dues. Our income comes from:
1. The yearly New England Conference
2. Donations for our Awards are from our members and others.
The APNA New England Chapter:
NURTURES MEMBERS BY:
- Recognizing the contributions of individual members
- Creating networking opportunities
- Recognition of the diversity of members, practice options and culture
PROMOTES GROWTH OF THE MEMBERSHIP BY:
- Recruitment & Retention of membership
- Annual Conferences
- Chapter Publications
- Strategic Alliances
DEVELOPS LEADERSHIP SKILLS OF MEMBERS BY:
- Skills Training
- Opportunities to participate in regional & national activities
For organization and meeting information contact the Chapter President.
Member Bridge Network