Annual Chapter Conference: Psychiatric nursing in a Rapidly Changing Health Care Environment
March 5th, 2016
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
In 2008, the Illinois Psychiatric Nurses Association formally changed its name to the APNA Illinois Chapter. We are one of the oldest of the state chapters of APNA. The Board is fortunate enough to still maintain contact with some of the founding members who provide us with our history and assure us we have made significant strides over the years. The APNA Illinois Chapter continues to grow and develop and has some innovative ideas for the upcoming year. While our major focus will continue to be on the education and professional growth of our membership, we plan to increase our exposure to the general public and also reach out to our colleagues across the entire state.
- Promote the highest professional standards of practice for psychiatric/mental health nurses in a variety of roles and diverse settings.
- Provide a communication network for the exchange of information, ideas, experiences and research to improve care provided by psychiatric/mental health nurses.
- Facilitate the professional development and further learning of psychiatric/mental health nurses through educational programs, conferences and other professional activities.
- Collaborate with various groups and constituencies to influence public and health care policy that shape the provision of mental health care services.
- Encourage individuals to enter the practice of psychiatric/mental health nursing and support those in the specialty.
Any APNA member who resides in Illinois is a member of the Illinois Chapter. If you are interested in joining or renewing your membership, please see the Membership tab on APNA’s home page for more information about the application process and dues.
Member Bridge Network