The purpose of the Oregon Chapter of APNA is to unite, support and educate all levels of psychiatric nurses in rural and urban Oregon while promoting and advocating for excellence in mental health care and recovery.
Any APNA member who resides in Oregon is automatically a member of the Oregon Chapter. At present, there are no chapter dues. If you are interested in joining or renewing your membership, please see the Membership tab on APNA’s home page for more information about the application process and dues.
We are starting to form a committee for the following:
Educational - Please Contact Cheryle Ramirez, Conference Planning Board Member
If you would like to become a Regional Representative, please contact your Regional Coordinator or Michael Polacek for more information.
Save the Date!
APNA-Oregon Chapter State Conference
Saturday, June 29, 2013
Salem Hospital, Salem OR
Connection & Integration
• Linda Callahan CRNA, PhD, PMHNP-BC: "The Future of Genetics in Psychiatric Practice by APNs."
• Chris A. Kleronomos, DAOM-L.Ac., FNP-BC, DAAPM, RH (AHG): "Herbs and Supplements for Psycho-emotional Disorders."
• Jensea E. Chauvin, RNC, MN, BC-CNS: "Schizophrenia, Antipsychotic Medications and Birth Defects."
• Nicole Bennett, MN, PMHNP-BC: "Thinking outside of the 'FDA Box'; History and Update on SSRIs, suicide risk, and treatment practices in youth"
• Interactive Panel Discussion: Legislative Advocacy 101 for the Psychiatric Nurse. Kathy Moon, MSN, FNP-BC & Oregon Registered Lobbyist Patricia Alvarez-Sahagun
Contact: Michael Polacek at 503-930-3698.
Member Bridge Network
Use Member Bridge to connect with your local community! If you are not familiar with our members-only networking site, click here for an introductory presentation.