Continuing Education Information
Continuing Education Contact Hours
Continuing education contact hours are earned based on the number of sessions attended and evaluations completed. The APNA 29th Annual Conference will offer up to 29.5 total contact hours at the live conference. Rx contact hours will be reported in the final conference materials based on individual presentation content.
Earn 100+ more contact hours at no additional cost with the session recordings after the conference! Using the APNA eLearning Center and attendee bonus points, you'll have access to the PDF handouts, audio podcast files, and CE contact hours for the conference sessions you missed. And it's INCLUDED in your registration fee!
Psychopharmacology Contact Hours
Six sessions eligible for psychopharmacology contact hours will be offered at the APNA 29th Annual Conference (for a total of 9.5 contact hours). These sessions include:
- Evidence-Based Prescribing Practices for Treating PTSD in Military Combat Veterans*
- Illicit Drug Use: What You See and What You Get May Not Be What You Expected*
- Doctor Shopping: What You Need to Know to Understand, Identify and Manage It*
- Clinical Application of Pharmacogenomics’ Testing as a Tool for the Nurse Practitioner in the Treatment Co-Occurring Disorders
- Psychiatric Polypharmacy: Questions or Concern?
*Pre-Conference sessions: Registration for the Pre-Conference is an additional cost.
Conference Educational Learning Objectives
By the end of this continuing education activity the learner will be better able to:
- Explore psychiatric-mental health nursing opportunities for intra and inter-professional collaboration across administration, education, practice and research.
- Discuss innovative care delivery models that implement the full scope of psychiatric nursing practice across settings to meet the physical and mental health needs of the population across the lifespan.
- Advance psychiatric-mental health nursing through collaborative strategies with patients, families, and colleagues, and to improve the mental health of the population.
Options for completing your evaluations include:
- In real-time as you go (if you have an internet connection through your smartphone, tablet, or laptop service provider)
- At the end of the day in your hotel room
- At the conference Evaluations Stations (computers will be available near Registration throughout the conference)
- At home after the conference. You can jot down your responses in your program book as you attend sessions, then log in at your convenience to complete the evaluations online.
Once you finish completing evaluations for the sessions you've attended, you'll then complete the Overall Evaluation, which will unlock your CE Certificate. Press "Post Final Credits & Create Certificate", and your CE Certificate will be pre-populated with your information and contact hours earned. You can have it emailed to your inbox, save a PDF version to your computer, or print it right then (printers will not be available at the on-site evaluations stations).
Evaluation Deadline: December 4, 2015
The conference registration fee includes access to the session recordings and updated handouts via the APNA eLearning Center. About a month or two after the conference, attendees will receive an email with detailed instructions on how to order these sessions for free with their Attendee Bonus Points. Attendees will be able to listen to each podcast directly on the site, or download the mp3 to listen to the session whenever (and wherever) desired. If a particular session was missed on-site, attendees will then be able to come back to their account on the eLearning Center to enter the CE Certificate code and complete the post test and evaluation. The CE Certificate for each session will be generated with the attendee's name and address information already included!
The American Psychiatric Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.