2015 APNA Elections: Call for Nominations
Joining the APNA Board of Directors or Nominating Committee is an opportunity to hone your leadership skills, make lasting contributions to APNA and psychiatric-mental health nursing, and form rewarding relationships with colleagues!
APNA is currently accepting nominations for the following positions:
To nominate yourself or a colleague, email your contact information to Nicholas Croce by Friday, April 24, 2015 at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information will be provided upon receipt of your nomination.
- Friday, 4/24: Nominations Deadline
- Wednesday, 5/27: Election Polls Open
- Friday, 7/31: Election Polls Close
- Mid August: Election Results Announced
- Saturday, 10/31: Term of Office Begins
When considering candidates, the Nominating Committee is guided by the following section from the APNA Bylaws:
Section 2. Qualifications
All Directors and Officers, except the Executive Director, must be voting members in good standing for at least one year immediately prior to assuming office. Nominees for the officer and director positions who have actively served the APNA shall be considered to have preferred qualifications. All nominees shall be required to file a conflict of interest statement. Insofar as possible, the Nominating Committee will endeavor to have a balanced slate of candidates reflecting geography, gender, professional experience, and racial diversity in order to achieve a balanced Board of Directors reflective of the membership.
Serving on the Board of Directors
The APNA Board of Directors are thought leaders who guide APNA's strategic direction, mission, purpose and values.
- Stay abreast of current developments in psychiatric-mental health nursing, nursing, and mental health
- Review materials and participate in discussions with fellow board members online through Member Bridge
- Participate in monthly conference calls
- Attend three in-person board meetings (February 2016, June 2016, October 2016)
Serving on the 2016 Nominating Committee
The 2016 APNA Nominating Committee is charged with reviewing the nominations and selecting the slate of candidates for the 2016 election year.
- Review nominations online throughout April/May 2016
- Participate in approximately two conference calls to finalize the election slate