2015 Annual Conference: Innovate. Integrate. Motivate
September 26, 2015
200 E. Chestnut St.
Continuing education credits are available for nurses.
For more information or to register, call (502) 629-1234
Click Here to Download the Event Flyer.
Ways to register:
Phone: (502) 629-1234, option 2
Walk-in registrations and cancellation policy
Because catering numbers are estimated based on registrations received by September 20, 2015. We
cannot guarantee a provision of lunch for those who register as walk-ins. As a courtesy to the planners,
kindly cancel your registration at least a week prior to the date of this activity. Cancel by calling the Norton
Healthcare Access Center at (502) 629-1234, option 2.
The purpose of this conference is to educate attendees about
current evidence-based practice nursing interventions and
trends, with an emphasis on psychiatric/mental health nursing.
Following participation in the conference, attendees should feel
more comfortable: identifying, diagnosing, and treating
substance use disorders, particularly opioid addiction;
identifying opportunities to provide consumers with integrative
treatment options; incorporating genomic principles and testing
into clinical practice; and assisting patients in making positive
behavior change. Participation in conference activities will help
attendees meet Kentucky RN and APRN continuing education
requirements for licensure.
1. Identify risk factors for the development of substance use disorders.
2. Identify signs of substance dependence, including opioid and benzodiazepine dependence.
3. Explore evidence-based treatment options for substance use disorders.
4. Examine use of Integrative Medicine and using a Mind, Body,Spirit approach to health and healing.
5. Discuss the use of Pharmacogenomics in clinical practice.
6. Review Motivational Interviewing principles in assisting patients to make healthy lifestyle changes.