Depression in Children and Adolescents
- NIMH PODCAST: Ben Vitiello on Childhood Depression
Dr. Ben Vitiello, Child and Adolescent Treatment and Preventive Intervention Research Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, talks about the symptoms of childhood depression and treatment options.
- NIMH FACT SHEET: Depression in Children and Adolescents
A fact sheet that describes the development in our understanding of how depression affects children and adolescents and the direction of future research.
- NIMH STUDY: Treatment for Adolescents with Depression (TADS)
The NIMH-funded Treatment for Adolescents with Depression Study (TADS) is a multi-site clinical research study examining the short- and long-term effectiveness of an antidepressant medication and psychotherapy alone and in combination for treating depression in adolescents ages 12 to 17. This page provides information about the study.
- NIMH STUDY: Treatment of SSRI-resistant Depression in Adolescents (TORDIA)
The NIMH-funded Treatment of SSRI-resistant Depression in Adolescents (TORDIA) study is a multi-site, clinical research study examining treatment options for teens whose depression has not improved after one adequate trial of a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), a type of antidepressant. This page provides information about the study.
- SAMHSA REPORT: Major Depressive Episode and Treatment among Adolescents: 2009
Report based upon SAMHSA's 2009 National Survey on Drug Use and Health and released April 28, 2011