Free CNE webinars to educate and empower in the midst of a deadly epidemic.
Nurses have been described as the “backbone” of the Opioid Treatment Program system of care. As the opioid use epidemic continues to devastate communities across our nation, it's time to get up-to-date on what you can do in your practice. These webinars will empower you to provide effective opiate interventions to your patients, wherever you provide care.
Free CNE webinars for nurses who want to:
- Gain Knowledge: Learn key morbidity and mortality statistics related to heroin and prescription opioid use.
- Help Patients: Know how to assist patients in selecting options and proceeding with treatments for opioid use disorder based on individual needs.
- Increase Access: Help to increase access to treatment for opioid use disorders in their setting(s) or communities.
In addition, the webinar for advanced practice nurses will provide:
- Strategies for identifying and selecting pharmacologic and psychotherapeutic treatment options for patients with opioid use disorders.
- Considerations for treating special populations with opioid use disorder, including pregnant women and their babies, persons with mental illness, and persons with comorbid HIV/AIDS and/or HCV.
Armed with knowledge and best practices, nurses can make a difference!
Opiate use statistics based on data retrieved from the Centers for Disease Control.