APNA Safety Statement / Duty of Care
Our Safety Statement / Duty of Care is a living document that will continue to evolve.
APNA is working closely with the Kentucky International Convention Center, conference hotels, and all service providers to create a healthy and safe environment for this year’s Annual Conference. As national and state recommendations change, APNA will continue to adapt.
APNA will comply with all applicable requirements from federal, state, and local health authorities. The responsibility for a safe and healthy environment is shared among APNA, the convention center, conference hotels, vendors, and attendees. Towards this end, conference attendees are expected to also comply with all applicable requirements from federal, state, and local health authorities, and in addition, are expected to adhere to and abide by any safety precautions APNA has implemented to protect against the spread of COVID-19 such as physical distancing, mask wearing, hand sanitization, adherence to pathway signage, self-monitoring, and self-reporting.
As of July 29, 2021, all Kentucky state employees and visitors to state buildings are required to wear a mask. The Kentucky International Convention Center, where the APNA 35th Annual Conference will take place, is a Kentucky state building.
APNA will continue to monitor the available guidance and update this information as needed.
By attending and participating in the APNA 35th Annual Conference in Louisville, KY, registrants agree to abide by and engage in safety precautions APNA has implemented to protect against the spread of COVID-19, which may include wearing a mask, hand sanitization, appropriate physical distancing, adherence to pathway signage, self-monitoring, and self-reporting. We ask that you do not attend the conference if you are ill or have been recently exposed to or experience symptoms of COVID-19. As with our Code of Conduct, refusal to adhere to these policies and abide by these precautions may result in immediate removal from the conference and cancellation of your registration without refund.
On-site Safety Precautions
These include but are not limited to the following:
- All attendees, exhibitors, and staff may be required to wear a mask while attending all APNA annual conference activities. Plan on bringing a mask, or several masks, to the meeting. If a mask is misplaced or forgotten, one will be provided.
- Do not attend any conference activities if you have signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or if you think you may have been recently exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the Kentucky International Convention Center, exhibit hall, and at the APNA conference hotels.
- All are requested to follow appropriate physical distancing practices. APNA will continue to work with the Kentucky International Convention Center to ensure that the APNA Annual Conference complies with state and local physical distancing requirements throughout the meeting spaces and the exhibit hall.
- Frequent hand sanitization and washing by all is encouraged.
- Restrooms will be regularly and thoroughly disinfected during event hours.
- A daily and frequent disinfecting routine will be followed throughout the Kentucky International Convention Center in meeting spaces, during event hours, overnight, and during peak attendance, and include “frequently touched” equipment, machines, meeting spaces, chairs and public areas.
- Trash will be removed within public areas with greater frequency.
APNA will continue to monitor the current requirements and guidelines for your health and safety during the conference and will update this information as needed.