APNA PMH Nurse Suicide Prevention Training Renewal Course
If your APNA Suicide Prevention Provider card has expired, don’t worry! You can complete this online-self-paced course to renew and ensure that your practice is safe and current. When you complete the full course within 90 days of your registration, you will be able to download and print your new APNA Suicide Prevention Provider card and your NCPD certificate. Your APNA Suicide Prevention Provider card will be active for 3 years, at which point you will have the opportunity to renew with an online course again.
90 days to complete the course
Prior completion of the APNA Competency Based Training for Suicide Prevention required.
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include a scanned copy of your current provider card or certificate of course completion.
PMH-RNs, RNs, & APRNs that are card-holding APNA Suicide Prevention Providers
3.5 Nursing Continuing Professional Development Contact Hours
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss the phenomenology of suicide.
- Perform a focused risk assessment.
- Document patient level of risk for suicide.
- Perform a suicide risk assessment.
- Develop a collaborative safety plan.
- Discuss environmental safety and risk mitigation.
- Understand how to incorporate the APNA Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Essential Competencies for Assessment and Management of Individuals at Risk for Suicide into your practice.
For organizations interested in purchasing the program in bulk, please email email@example.com.