PMH-RNs, RNs, & APRNs that are card-holding APNA Suicide Prevention Providers
3.5 Nursing Continuing Professional Development Contact Hours
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss the phenomenology of suicide.
- Perform a focused risk assessment.
- Document patient level of risk for suicide.
- Perform a suicide risk assessment.
- Develop a collaborative safety plan.
- Discuss environmental safety and risk mitigation.
- Understand how to incorporate the APNA Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Essential Competencies for Assessment and Management of Individuals at Risk for Suicide into your practice.
Renew your APNA Suicide Prevention Provider training and get updated information to enrich your nursing practice and competence in skills for suicide prevention, assessment, and care management!
When you complete the full course within 90 days of your registration, you will be able to download and print your new APNA Suicide Prevention Provider card and your NCPD certificate. Your APNA Suicide Prevention Provider card will be active for 3 years, at which point you will have the opportunity to renew with an online course again.
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include a scanned copy of your current provider card or certificate of course completion.
For organizations interested in purchasing the program in bulk, please email email@example.com.