Events | |
The APNA Pennsylvania Chapter is now accepting nominations for President-Elect, Secretary and Treasurer. Submit your nomination by Friday, November 30th.
Regional Chairpersons Wanted
We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated persons to lead the Northeast, Harrisburg, and Reading/Lancaster Regions of the APNA Pennsylvania Chapter. The Regional Chairperson must be an APNA member in good standing. The Regional Chairperson is a voting member of the APNA Pennsylvania Chapter Board of Directors. She/he is responsible for working with members in your region to develop local regional meetings, educational opportunities, regional events. All those interested are asked to send your name, contact information, a brief bio, and a brief statement on the direction that you envision your region and the chapter taking in the next 5 years. Anyone interested is asked to complete this information and send to Chapter Support (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Membership and Chapter Regions
Any APNA member who resides in Pennsylvania is automatically a member of the Pennsylvania Chapter. At present, there are no chapter dues. If you are interested in joining or renewing your membership, please see the Membership tab on APNA’s home page for more information about the application process and dues.
- Harrisburg – Harrisburg area including Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry, & York Counties.
- Lehigh Valley - Allentown/Bethlehem area including Berks, Carbon, Lehigh, Monroe, & Northampton Counties.
- Northeastern - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area including, Bradford, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Pike, Susquehanna, Wayne, & Wyoming Counties.
- Northwestern - Erie area including, Crawford, Clarion, Erie Forest, Lawrence, Mercer, Venango, & Warren Counties.
- Southeastern - Philadelphia area including, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montegomery, & Philadelphia Counties.
- Southwestern - Pittsburgh area including Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Washington, & Westmoreland Counties.
We are looking to develop regions in:
- East-Central – will encompass Columbia, Lycoming, Montour, Northumberland, Synder, Sullivan, & Union Counties.
- West-Central – will encompass Cambria/Blair area including Blair, Cambria, Centre, Clearfield, & Indiana Counties.
CNS Title Recognition Law
The Board of Directors of APNA-PA understand that there are many questions and concerns regarding the CNS Title Recognition Law (PA Act 49 of 2007) and the resulting State Board of Nursing Regulations.
These issues are being explored with the PA State Board of Nursing, the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association, & the PA legislature. We recommend that CNS practice follow the current RN law which is entitled "The Pennsylvania Nursing Law, Act of May 22, 1951, P.L.317, No 69." This document can be downloaded from the SBON site here.
Member Bridge Network