Continuing Education Information
Continuing Education Contact Hours
Contact Hours On-Site: 26.25
Continuing education contact hours are earned based on the number of sessions attended and evaluations completed. The APNA 31st Annual Conference will offer up to 26.25 total contact hours at the live conference.
Earn 100+ more contact hours at no additional cost with the session recordings after the conference! Using the APNA eLearning Center, you'll have access to the PDF handouts, audio podcast files, and CE contact hours for the conference sessions you missed. And it's INCLUDED in your registration fee!
Psychopharmacology Contact Hours
Eleven sessions eligible for psychopharmacology contact hours will be offered at the APNA 31st Annual Conference (for a total of 13.25 contact hours). These sessions include:
- Intersecting Mental Health and Palliative Care: Pharmacologic and Non-pharmacologic Treatment of Life Limiting Illness*
- Treating Tobacco & Nicotine Dependence: How Your Assumptions About Treatment Can Undermine Your Delivery of Care*
- The Match Game: Matching Antidepressants to Symptoms of Anxiety and Depression--Which Drug for Which Symptom?*
- The Power of Zzzzs: Sleep Solutions for Psychiatric Nursing Practice*
- VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guideline for Opioid Therapy for Chronic Pain
- MTHFR Polymorphism: Treatment Options for Depression
- So Many Atypical Antipsychotics How to Choose: The Current Psychopharmalogical Treatment Landscape for Psychotic Spectrum Disorders
- The Deadly Trio: Heroin Fentanyl and Carfentanil......; A Protocol for Sweet Relief: Using Psychotropic Medications in Supportive Cancer Care
- An Introduction to Medication Assisted Treatments for Opiate Use Disorders
- Advanced Practice Registered Nursing (APRN) Curriculum Infusion: Preparing APRNs to Combat the Opioid Epidemic through Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) Education
- Pharmacogenetics and MAT: Facilitating Engagement for those with Co-Occurring Disorders
*Pre-Conference sessions: Registration for the Pre-Conference is an additional cost.
Conference Learning Outcomes
By the end of this continuing education activity the learner will be better able to:
Explore opportunities to develop networks for intra- and inter-professional support and leadership development.
Apply innovative best practice tools and strategies in various workplace settings to improve the mental health of the population.
Advance psychiatric-mental health nursing by leading health care changes across administration, education, practice, and research.
Earning Your CE: Online Evaluations
Options for completing your evaluations include:
- In real-time as you go (if you have an internet connection through your smartphone, tablet, or laptop service provider)
- At the end of the day in your hotel room
- At the conference Evaluations Stations (computers will be available near Registration throughout the conference)
- At home after the conference. You can jot down your responses in your program book as you attend sessions, then log in at your convenience to complete the evaluations online.
Once you finish completing evaluations for the sessions you've attended, you'll then complete the Overall Evaluation, which will unlock your CE Certificate. Press "Post Final Credits & Create Certificate", and your CE Certificate will be pre-populated with your information and contact hours earned. You can have it emailed to your inbox, save a PDF version to your computer, or print it right then (printers will not be available at the on-site evaluations stations). Evaluation Deadline: December 1, 2017
The conference registration fee includes access to the session recordings and updated handouts via the APNA eLearning Center. About a month or two after the conference, attendees will receive an email with detailed instructions on how to order these sessions for free. Attendees will be able to listen to each podcast directly on the site, or download the mp3 to listen to the session whenever (and wherever) desired. If a particular session was missed on-site, attendees will then be able to come back to their account on the eLearning Center to enter the CE Certificate code and complete the post test and evaluation. The CE Certificate for each session will be generated with the attendee's name and address information already included!
The American Psychiatric Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.