Continuing Education Information
|EARN CE IN PERSON & ONLINE|
Continuing education contact hours are earned based on the number of sessions attended and evaluations completed. You can earn up to 29.25 total contact hours at the live conference.
2-3 months after the conference, you'll then be able to earn 95+ more contact hours at no additional cost with the session recordings! Using the APNA eLearning Center, you'll have access to the PDF handouts, audio podcast files, and CE contact hours for the conference sessions you missed. And it's INCLUDED in your registration fee!
Pharmacology Contact Hours
These sessions eligible for pharmacology contact hours will be offered at the APNA 32nd Annual Conference (for a total of 8.25 contact hours):
- 1031: Mind & Body: Psychotropic Effects on Physiologic Health*
- 1041: Barriers to the Implementation of Pharmacogenomics in Psychiatric Clinical Practice: An Integrative Review*
- 2011: When the Medication Rules Don't Fit: Minimizing Delirium Risk for Older Adults in Integrated Primary Care
- 2021: Breaking Down Barriers: Increasing Access to Psychiatric Medications
- 2031: From Immediate Release to Long Acting, Drug Delivery Systems: What Do They Mean & Why Do They Matter?
- 3011: Pharmacology Mini Concurrent Sessions
*Pre-Conference sessions: Registration for the Pre-Conference is an additional cost.
|CONFERENCE LEARNING OUTCOMES|
This conference program has been developed through a call for abstracts and peer review process informed by the conference theme and learning outcomes below. By the end of the conference, the learner will be better able to:
- Increase awareness of barriers that prevent access to evidence-supported, affordable, culturally congruent mental health and substance use care for all people in need.
- Examine and value innovations in mental health and substance use care that enable individuals and families to achieve full and healthy lives.
- Identify strategies to fully integrate mental health and substance use care into whole health promotion models of care delivery using research, educational revolution, practice innovation, policy change and administrative action.
|ONLINE EVALUATIONS & CE CERTIFICATE|
To earn CE for sessions you attend in-person at the conference, you will complete online evaluations. Options for completing your online evaluations include:
- In real-time as you go (if you have an internet connection through your smartphone, tablet, or laptop service provider)
- At the end of the day in your hotel room
- At the conference Evaluations Stations (computers available near Registration)
- After the conference. Jot down your responses in your program book during sessions, then log in at your convenience to complete the evaluations.
After evaluating the sessions you attended you'll complete the Overall Evaluation, which will unlock your CE Certificate. Your CE Certificate will be pre-populated with your information and contact hours earned. You can email it, save a PDF to your computer, or print it (printers will not be available at the on-site evaluations stations). Evaluation Deadline: December 7, 2018
|EARN MORE CE WITH SESSION PODCASTS|
The conference registration fee includes access to the session recordings and updated handouts via the APNA eLearning Center. About 2-3 months after the conference, you will receive an email with detailed instructions on how to order these sessions for free. You will be able to listen to each podcast directly on the site, or download the mp3 to listen to the session whenever (and wherever) desired.
If you did not attend the session on-site, you will then be able to come back to your account on the APNA eLearning Center to enter the CE Certificate code and complete the post test and evaluation. Your CE Certificate for each session will be generated with your name and address information already included!
“Having online access to review the many topics after the conference is invaluable.”
- APNA Annual Conference Attendee