Award for Media
The APNA Award for Media recognizes APNA members who have demonstrated excellence in producing media related to psychiatric-mental health nursing. One or more categories (book, video, etc.) may be awarded in a given year. The individuals must have been members of APNA for at least two years.
- In the case of team authorship, the primary contributor must be an APNA member.
- Media can be in the form of published material (book, chapter, article, monograph, etc.), software, video or online course.
- Media has been published/produced within the last two (2) years (March 2015 - March 2017)
- Media has potential to be used by psychiatric-mental health nurses, organizations, consumers, families or communities.
- Media contributes to the advancement of psychiatric-mental health nursing practice, management, research and/or education.
- Click here and log in with your APNA username and password.
- On the My Applications screen, select APNA Annual Awards from the dropdown menu and then press the Launch Application button. (If you do not see the dropdown menu, please click My Applications in your navigation.)
- Complete the online nomination form.
- Use the tabs to navigate through each section of the form and remember to hit the Save as draft button as you go.
- When completing the form, be sure to include specific examples of how the nominee has achieved excellence in his/her practice, what makes the nominee stand out in the profession, and what the nominee has accomplished that meets the criteria.
- Find a reference to complete the form.
- On the reference tab of your nomination submission, enter a contact's name and email address to generate an email that will include a link to submit their reference.
- In order to be considered, each nomination must have both a nominator and a reference.
- Once your nomination is complete, press the Submit Final Nomination button.