Award for Excellence in Education
The APNA Award for Excellence in Education recognizes an APNA member who has fostered the professional growth of psychiatric-mental health nurses through imparting knowledge, skill and critical analysis to the field. The individual must have been a member of APNA for at least two years.
- Demonstrates contributions to the education of nurses as, for example, a faculty member, administrator, educator, staff development coordinator, staff nurse, quality professional or clinical specialist.
- Demonstrates innovative approaches in disseminating new knowledge in the field of psychiatric-mental health nursing.
- Demonstrates collaboration with other disciplines in knowledge dissemination.
- Demonstrates positive mentoring to peers and new nurses.
The nominations deadline has passed. Thank you for submitting a nomination!
To submit a nomination:
- Complete the online nomination form.
- When completing the form, be sure to include specific examples of how the nominee has achieved excellence in his/her practice, what makes the nominee stand out in the profession, and what the nominee has accomplished that meets the criteria.
- Find a reference to complete the form.
- In order to be considered, each nomination must have both a nominator and a reference.
Nominations Deadline: Monday, April 23, 2018