Award for Excellence in Leadership - RN
The APNA Award for Excellence in Leadership - RN recognizes an APNA member who demonstrates unique leadership qualities through significant contributions to an organization, a community, the psychiatric-mental health nursing specialty or the nursing profession. The individual must have been a member of APNA for at least two years.
- Shows evidence of participating in the improvement of organizational performance to positively impact patient care in work settings and organizational settings (local, state and/or national levels).
- Shows evidence of continuously improving his/her skills and knowledge base through a variety of self-enhancement activities.
- Shows evidence of mentoring others in their development as psychiatric-mental health nurses by example and teaching peers and other health care workers in work settings and organizational settings.
- Shows evidence of participating in political activities associated with psychiatric-mental health issues.
The nominations deadline has passed. Thank you for submitting a nomination!
To submit a nomination:
- Complete the online nomination form.
- When completing the form, be sure to include specific examples of how the nominee has achieved excellence in his/her practice, what makes the nominee stand out in the profession, and what the nominee has accomplished that meets the criteria.
- Find a reference to complete the form.
- In order to be considered, each nomination must have both a nominator and a reference.
Nominations Deadline: Monday, April 23, 2018