Annual Conference Overview
About the APNA 31st Annual Conference
What: The premiere event for psychiatric nursing
Who: Psychiatric-mental health nurses (both RN and APRN) from around the globe
When: October 18-21, 2017
Where: Phoenix Convention Center | Phoenix, Arizona
Why: Earn up to 126+ total continuing nursing education contact hours at the conference and online afterwards, network with colleagues, discuss issues in psychiatric-mental health nursing, and stay up-to-date on the latest evidence-based best practices!
Continuing Education (CE)
CE contact hours are awarded based on the number of sessions attended and evaluations completed. The APNA 31st Annual Conference will offer up to 26.25 contact hours onsite (including pre-conference sessions*).
Attendees will have the option to earn additional contact hours for sessions via online session recordings. This means up to 126+ contact hours can be earned by attending this year's Annual Conference! Note: This number is not final and subject to change.
Psychopharmacology Contact Hours
Up to 13.25 psychopharmacology contact hours will be offered onsite at the APNA 31st Annual Conference, including pre-conference sessions*. Stay tuned for more program information.
- Wednesday Pre-Conference Sessions*
- 1017: Intersecting Mental Health and Palliative Care: Pharmacologic and Non-pharmacologic Treatment of Life Limiting Illness (2 contact hours)
- 1027: Treating Tobacco & Nicotine Dependence: How Your Assumptions About Treatment Can Undermine Your Delivery of Care (2 contact hours)
- 1037: TBD (2 contact hours)
- 1047: The Power of Zzzzs: Sleep Solutions for Psychiatric Nursing Practice (2 contact hours)
- Thursday Sessions
- 2011: VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guideline for Opioid Therapy for Chronic Pain (0.75 contact hours)
- 2021: MTHFR Polymorphism: Treatment Options for Depression (0.75 contact hours)
- 2051: Mini Concurrent Sessions: Psychopharmacology (0.75 contact hours)
- Saturday Sessions
- 4011: An Introduction to Medication Assisted Treatments for Opiate Use Disorders (0.75 contact hours)
- 4021: APRN Curriculum Infusion: Preparing APRNs to Combat the Opioid Epidemic through Medication Assisted Treatment Education (0.75 contact hours)
- 4031: Pharmacogenetics and MAT: Facilitating Engagement for those with Co-Occurring Disorders (0.75 contact hours)
Conference Learning Outcomes
By the end of this conference the learner will be better able to:
- Explore opportunities for PMH nurses to infuse mental health recovery and wellness into administration, education, practice, research and policy.
- Advance psychiatric-mental health nursing by leading health care changes that focus on mental health and well-being.
- Apply innovative best practice tools and strategies in various workplace settings to improve the mental health of the population.
- Pre-Registration for the conference ends October 9th.
- Registration will reopen at the conference on October 18th.
Schedule and Program
- Keynote Speakers
- Pre-Conference Sessions
- Wednesday Program
- Thursday Program
- Friday Program
- Saturday Program
Hotel & Travel
Hilton Garden Inn
Hyatt Regency Phoenix
Sheraton Grand Phoenix
$192 single/double plus tax
$199 single/double plus tax
$209 single/double plus tax
Hotel reservations cannot be made in the APNA block without a completed registration for the conference. Reservations must be made before September 25, 2017 at 5pm ET through the conference registration process. Accommodations at APNA conference hotels are not guaranteed; guest rooms are available on a first come, first served basis.
The closest airport to the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. (PHX).
*Pre-Conference sessions: Registration for Pre-Conferences is an additional cost.
**Numbers are approximate and subject to change.
|By the Numbers**|
CE Contact Hours