General Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- An Overview of Minors' Consent Law
A summary from the Guttmacher Institute on the legal ability of minors to consent to mental health services, alcohol and substance use treatment, and more.
- Healthy Development Summit II:
Report from a summit of key stakeholders in children's mental health, including APNA, which discussed new ways to promote children's mental health across disciplines and sectors of society.
- SAMHSA WEBINAR SERIES:
Monthly 90-minute webinars covering related behavioral health topics -
- (Tuesday, April 22, 2014)
- (Tuesday, May 20, 2014)
- (Tuesday, June 10, 2014)
- The Power of Youth Development and Recovery Supports (Thursday, July 24, 2014)
- 2011 REPORT: America's Children: Key National Indicators of Well-Being
From the US Federal Interagency Forum on Child and Family Statistics, this report is a compendium of indicators depicting the promises and the challenges confronting American children. It presents key indicators in seven domains: family and social environment, economic circumstances, health care, physical environment and safety, behavior, education, and health.
- NIMH VIDEO: Kathleen Merikangas on the Mental Health of America’s Children
The National Health and Nutritional Examination Survey looked into the well being of the nation’s children. Dr. Kathleen Merikangas of the National Institute of Mental Health was the lead author of the survey that tracked mental disorders in children and how many of those surveyed received treatment.
- NIMH FACT SHEET: Brain Development During Childhood and Adolescence
A fact sheet that describes the past, present and future of research on brain development.
- SAMHSA PROGRAM: Caring for Every Child's Mental Health
This public awareness effort was created in 1994 with the mission to increase awareness around children's mental health. The "Caring for Every Child's Mental Health" team works to support SAMHSA-funded sites through the strategic use of social marketing and communications strategies. The overarching purpose of the team is to stimulate support for a comprehensive system of care approach to children's mental health services.
- PHOENIX HOUSE: Center on Addiction and the Family
Offers information and resources for those work with children of alcoholics (COAs) or other substance abusers (COSAs).