Forensic Psychiatric Nursing Resources
- Jacob JD, Holmes D (2011) Working under threat: fear and nurse-patient interactions in a forensic psychiatric setting. J Forensic Nurs. 7(2):68-77. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-3938.2011.01101.x.
- Kelly, U, & Sharp, D. (2011) Forensic psychiatric/mental health nursing: behind closed doors. Journal of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association. 17 (2) 112-3
- Prebble K, Kidd J, O'Brien A, Carlyle D, McKenna B, Crowe M, Deering D, Gooder C. (2011). Implementing and maintaining nurse-led healthy living programs in forensic inpatient settings: an illustrative case study. J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc. 17(2):127-38
- Rose DN, Peter E, Gallop R, Angus JE, Liaschenko J. (2011). Respect in forensic psychiatric nurse-patient relationships: a practical compromise. J Forensic Nurs. 7(1):3-16. doi: 10.1111/j.1939-3938.2010.01090.x.
- Gildberg FA, Elverdam B, Hounsgaard L. (2010). Forensic psychiatric nursing: a literature review and thematic analysis of staff-patient interaction. J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs. 17(4):359-68.
- Kent-Wilkinson AE. (2010) Forensic psychiatric/mental health nursing: responsive to social need. Issues Ment Health Nurs. 31(6):425-31.
- Segal A, Daffern M, Thomas S, Ferguson M (2010) Needs and risks of patients in a state-wide inpatient forensic mental health population. Int J Ment Health Nurs. 19(4):223-30
- Timmons, D. (2010) Forensic psychiatric nursing: a description of the role of the psychiatric nurse in a high secure psychiatric facility in Ireland. J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs. 17(7):636-46.
- Lyons T. (2009). Role of the forensic psychiatric nurse. J Forensic Nurs. 5(1):53-7.
- Mason T, Lovell A, Coyle D. (2008). Forensic psychiatric nursing: skills and competencies: I role dimensions. J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs. 15(2):118-30.
- Mason T, Coyle D, Lovell A. (2008). Forensic psychiatric nursing: skills and competencies: II clinical aspects. J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs. 15(2):131-9.
Web Site Resources
- American Forensic Nurses Association (AMRN)
- International Association of Forensic Nurses
- American Board of Forensic Nurses
- Medscape - from Medscape Medical News:
- Aiyegbusi, A., & Clarke-Moore (eds.) (2008). Therapeutic relationships with offenders: an introduction to the psychodynamics of forensic mental health nursing. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Collins, M., Woods, P., & Kettles, A. (2001) Therapeutic interventions for forensic mental health nurses. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Greenfield, D. P., & Gottschalk, J. A. (2008) Writing forensic reports: a guide for mental health professionals. New York: Springer Publishing Company.
- Rogers, R., & Shulman, D. (2010) Fundamentals of forensic practice: mental health and criminal law. New York: Springer Publishing Company