Integrated Care - Recent Developments
- , The American Journal of Managed Care, 2014.
Adoption of the patient-centered medical home model was associated with significantly reduced costs and utilization for those at highest risk.
- , Journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics, 2014.
Approximately 40% of parents of children with mental health conditions who reported a need for care coordination also reported that their need was unmet.
- , Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative, 2014.
Annual report on studies released between August 2012 and December 2013 on clinical, quality, and financial outcomes of patient-centered medical home initiatives from across the U.S.
- , Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2013.
A literature review of the effectiveness of meditation programs and their effectiveness at reducing multiple negative dimensions of psychological stress.
Integrated Care in the News:
- PBHCI grantee Regional Mental Health in Indiana and how it works on local news program Lakeshore Focus.
- The Wall Street Journal featured PBHCI Grantee Institute for Family Health in NY in the article, , which takes a look at the providers approach to primary and behavioral health care integration.
- ABC 6 in Providence, RI featured PBHCI grantee The Providence Center on their in conjunction with the Great American Smokeout.
NIH study shows people with serious mental illnesses can lose weight
A study, funded by the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) and reported in The New England Journal of Medicine, shows that a modified lifestyle intervention program can help people with serious mental illnesses such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and major depression lose weight and keep it off.