Tobacco Dependence / Smoking Cessation Education
- APNA eLearning Center: click here and select 'tobacco dependence' from the "Any Topic' drop down menu for APNA continuing nursing education on tobacco dependence/smoking cessation.
- Indiana Prevention Resource Center: Tobacco Dependence and Treatment for Smokers with Co-occurring Mental Illness
Online training course and information - After completing this online training, each participant will be able to: (1) identify factors associated with tobacco use and dependence among persons with co-occurring mental illness; (2) recognize the importance of engaging in cessation interventions with this population of smokers; and (3) assist their patients in quitting smoking within their scope of professional practice.
- Dartmouth University: Clinical management of the patient who uses tobacco
An interactive curriculum on treating tobacco use and dependence.
- University of California, San Francisco Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education
Serves “as a focal point for a broad range of research, education, and public service activities” across many departments and colleagues in other academic settings.
- Rx for Change: Clinician Assisted Tobacco Cessation
A comprehensive tobacco cessation training program that equips health professional students and practicing clinicians, of all disciplines, with evidence-based knowledge and skills for assisting patients with quitting.
- Smoking Cessation Leadership Center
A repository of webinars, curricula, online training materials, publications, toolkits, fact sheets and guides for providers.
- Smoking cessation for Pregnancy and Beyond: A Virtual Clinic
This collaboration with CDC, Dartmouth, and the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists) offers a “virtual clinic practicum” online training for health care professionals to assist pregnant patients with smoking cessation.
- Tobacco Free Nurses
Funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, offers nurses help to quit tobacco use as well as national and international programs to equip nurses to become champions, lead nursing and professional organizations, participate in academic centers and other partners to enhance nursing involvement in all aspects of tobacco control.
- Smokefree Nurses
Nurses for Smokefree Aotearoa manages this web link in collaboration by AUT University and the Ministry of Health in Manatu Hauora, New Zealand aimed at providing education and resources to New Zealand nurses to assist in delivering effective smoking cessation interventions.