General Charge for APNA Councils
To be thought leaders for the American Psychiatric Nurses Association.
- Conduct external environmental scans.
- Conduct internal council assessments and discussions to identify member needs within your council’s subject area(s).
- Synthesize information: information gathered from environmental scans, from Member Bridge conversations, etc.
- Provide accurate information to inform conversations.
- Monitor content of website to ensure that it is up-to-date and aligned with APNA’s strategic plan (mission, core purpose, envisioned future).
- Recognize council members for their achievements.
- Build an Enduring Structure – Identify and mentor promising new leaders.