An online certificate program that delivers the latest evidence-based knowledge and skills essential to providing psychiatric-mental health nursing care.
|Boost Confidence & Competence||
Earn 16 Contact Hours
|Improve Patient Care|
|“This course was a great review of what I learned in my undergraduate psychiatric mental health nursing course, but it went into depth on evidence-based practice topics that were very applicable to real world practice. It was a good 'bridge' between a lecture and actual life as a nurse.”|
The APNA Transitions in Practice (ATP) Certificate program covers the knowledge and information foundational to psychiatric-mental health (PMH) nursing practice. ATP is a self-paced online curriculum that includes on-demand faculty presentations, case studies, post-tests and evaluations. With four modules that focus on the most up-to-date best practices and evidence-based nursing knowledge, it will optimize success in psychiatric-mental health nursing practice and improve healthcare outcomes for persons with mental health disorders. Download Brochure.
Who should participate?
- RNs who are new to or considering employment in psychiatric-mental health nursing
- RNs looking to refresh and update their PMH nursing practice
- RNs who encounter persons with mental health needs in their current setting
- Nurse educators who are instrumental in providing orientation to PMH nurses
- Nurse administrators responsible for hiring PMH nurses
How it works:
- Register online
- Progress through self-paced content with supplemental activities (discussion board, glossary of terms, case examples).
- Pass post-tests for each module and an overall post-test (80% or higher, up to 3 attempts).
- Complete all of the modules within 90-days
- Earn 16 contact hours and a certificate of successful completion
Registration & Cost
- $200 for APNA Members
- $250 for Nonmembers
- Bulk purchase pricing is available to institutions interested in purchasing the program in blocks of 10 or more. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
|LEARN MORE & REGISTER!|
*APNA reserves the right to make program changes as necessary which may affect the actual number of contact hours.
The American Psychiatric Nurses Association is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.