II. Education & Provider Unit
APNA Provider Unit:
ANCC COMMISSION ON ACCREDITATION ACTION
The American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation reviewed your application for accreditation as a provider of continuing nursing education on May 30, 2013. The Commission is pleased to inform you that accreditation has been granted for four years, from May 30, 2013 to November 30, 2017.
American Psychiatric Nurses Association was awarded Accreditation with Distinction, the highest recognition awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Accreditation Program. Organizations accredited with distinction have completed a review without any progress report requirement. The web directory of accredited organizations will reflect this special designation.
• Live conferences: Completed 8 chapters’ conferences offering a total of 40 contact hours.
Active groups included:
- Live 4 part series “Risky Business: Walking the Boundaries Tightrope: A Primer for Nurses” presented by Nancy Dillon completed for a total of 4 contact hours.
- “Keeping the Unit Safe” developed and in the eLearning center for 1.25 contact hours
- “Creating Safety on Inpatient Units: Trauma Informed Care” developed and on the APNA eLearning center for 1 contact hour
CPI Committee and the provider unit
- Developed CPI program and secured faculty for the APNA Clinical Psychopharmacology Institute
- Reviewed for APNA eLearning sessions with psychopharmacology content
APNA Scholarly Review Committee and the provider unit
- Reviewed and scored abstracts for APNA Annual Conference program
- Podium presentations and posters selected and placed into program sessions
Institute for Safe Environment members and the provider unit
- Competency Based Training for Conducting the One Hour Face to Face Assessment for Patients in Seclusion and Restraint revised, updated and on the eLearning center for 1.5 contact hours
- Seclusion and Restraint : Keys to Assessing and Mitigating Risks created and on the eLearning center for 1.0 contact hour
Recovery Council members and the provider unit
- “The power of stories: perspectives of a nurse and a person with lived experience on storytelling as a therapeutic intervention” developed and in eLearning center for 1 contact hour.
Education Council, Recovery Council members and the provider unit
• “Integrating Recovery Model into Undergraduate Nursing Education”– developed and available in eLearning center for 1.5 contact hours
Education Council: Continuing Education Branch and the provider unit
- Developed and completed a pilot 6 session live online and interactive course for APRN’s on “Integrating the DSM-V for APRN’s” for a total of 13.5 contact hours
- Conference Plus- “Integrating the DSM-V for APRN’s” developed and in process (October 2014 delivery)for 8.5 contact hours
- Suicide workgroup developed “ Psychiatric Nurse Generalist Essential Competencies for Assessment and Management of Individuals at Risk for Suicide”
- Briefing paper developed for approval of “ Psychiatric Nurse Generalist Essential Competencies for Assessment and Management of Individuals at Risk for Suicide”
In Development for 2014/2015
- Podcast on Schizoaffective Disorder-in process
- Bipolar Disorders workgroup- Developing Continuing Education for APNA E-Series on Bipolar Disorders Across the Lifespan
- Continued work with Suicide Competencies
The American Psychiatric Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.