V. APNA 12th Annual Clinical Psychopharmacology Institute
12th Annual Clinical Psychopharmacology Institute
From Cells to Community: Integrating Psychopharmacology into Nursing Practice
June 19-22, 2014
Hyatt Regency Reston
Registration rate ($395) includes online access to podcasts – no increase from 2013!
21.5 Continuing Nursing Education contact hours
Book provided to all attendees - I am Not Sick, I Don't Need Help! (keynote)
- Incorporate psychopharmacologic mental health nursing practice interventions that reflect the context of psychiatric illness from the cellular through the community level.
- Review evidence-based pharmacologic approaches related to the prescribing, administration, and monitoring of psychotropic medications for persons diagnosed with complex psychiatric disorders across their environments of care.
- Discuss clinical psychopharmacological issues for psychiatric mental health nurses and consumers relevant to the continuum of wellness and recovery.
Laura G. Leahy, DrNPc, APN, PMH-CNS/FNP – Conquering Clinical Conundrums: Psychopharmacology in the 21st Century
Markus Heilig, MD, PhD – (Keynote) Personalized Medicine Approaches to the Treatment of Alcohol Addiction
Xavier F. Amador, PhD - (Keynote) – "I am Not Sick, I Don't Need Help!" Research on Poor Insight and How We Can Help
Elizabeth Galik, MS, RN, PhD – Uncommon Complications in Using Psychotropic Medications with Older Adults
Joseph M. Holshoe, MSN, PMHNP-BC – Understanding Sleep and Antidepressants: Lessons from Research Literature and Clinical Practice
Susan E. Swedo, MD – PANDAS, CANs, Autism Spectrum Update
Christian J. Teter, PharmD, BCPP – Cannabinoids Overview: Medical Use, Abuse, Pharmacotherapy, and Assessment of Consequences
Sharon R. Katz, MSN, FPMH-APRN, CRNP – Collaborative Care: Organizing Treatment Options and Psychopharmacology in Integrated Mental Health Settings
Jessica M. Gill, PhD, RN – An Exemplar of the use of Genomics to Determine Pharmacological Agents to Treat Trauma-related Disorders
Barbara J. Limandri, PhD, PMHCNS-BC and Eric C. Arauz, MA, MLER – Consumer Perspectives on Medication: Continuing the Conversation
Mary Rosedale PhD, PMHNP-BC, NEA-BC – Treatment Choices in Neuromodulation vs Medication
Carrie Carretta, PhD, APN, AHN-BC, FPMHNP – Assessing, Prescribing, and Examining the Evidence through a Forensic Lens
Symposium Luncheon: Managing Bipolar Type I Depression: Maximizing Benefits, Minimizing Risks
Breakfast Product Theaters:
- Misconceptions Related to Long-Acting Injectable use in Schizophrenia
- Bipolar Depression: Presentation, Diagnosis and Treatment
2015 – New Location
13th Annual Clinical Psychopharmacology Institute – Planned for Nurses by Nurses
Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor – June 12-14, 2015