|8 QUICK TIPS TO MEET COLLEAGUES
- See this discussion thread on APNA's online community for members who will be attending the conference solo and are planning a meetup.
- Attend the events in the program that prioritize interaction (see below).
- Use the conference app to connect with attendees online (see below).
- Bring your business cards and distribute them freely.
- Look at the ribbons on attendee name badges for an easy way to strike up a conversation. Presenters, volunteers, chapter presidents, mentors, mentees, and more will all have ribbons.
- Ask questions! This is your opportunity to ask questions of colleagues who have been selected to present based on their content expertise.
- Explore the exhibit hall to meet industry leaders and interact with fellow attendees.
"The APNA Annual Conference always provides the opportunity to meet amazing nurses doing great work across the country."
|DON'T MISS THESE EVENTS
- Conference Kickoff & Awards Presentation | Wednesday, 6:30pm-7:30pm
Start your conference with this event where you'll get a quick overview of what you need to know as an attendee and meet the APNA Annual Awards recipients.
- Standup Comedy and Mardi Gras Reception | Thursday, 6:30pm-9:30pm
Laugh with comedian Pete Lee as he performs standup comedy that has gotten him featured on shows such as The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon. A discussion panel with follow on the role of humor in forging connections (earn 0.5 contact hours!). Then, get a taste of the Big Easy with a Mardi Gras themed party!
- Poster Presentations: Meet the Presenters | Friday, 10:30am-11:30am
Chat with the poster presenters about their work in administration, education, practice, and research.
- Chapter Meetings | Friday, 6:30pm-7:30pm
Meet or reconnect with nurses from your local area and get updates from your local APNA community.
- APNA Council Meetings | Saturday, 8:00am-10:15pm
Find colleagues who share your interest in a particular aspect of psychiatric-mental health nursing and consider joining one of these councils to connect throughout the year.
- Annual Meeting & Town Hall | Saturday, 1:30pm-2:30pm
Hear about APNA activities and voice your thoughts directly to the Board of Directors.
|CONNECT WITH THE CONFERENCE APP
The APNA Annual Conference app also serves as your online community and attendee directory.
- Add a picture to your profile so other attendees can recognize you.
- Search the attendee directory by state, organization, and more.
- Send messages to attendees you'd like to meet - and even schedule a meetup.
- Locate speakers for the sessions you attend and send them any follow-up questions.
- Participate in session polls or send messages to everyone who registered for a session.
- Join in the online community discussions to speak to your whole conference community.
"The networking and contact with other psychiatric nurses is worth the cost alone."