APNA Kentucky Chapter Competency Based Training for Suicide Prevention
Competency Based Training for Suicide Prevention
Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Generalist Role
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Norton Healthcare Learning Center
9500 Ormsby Station Road, 2nd Floor
Louisville, KY 40223
Tanna E. McKinney, ADN, RN and Amanda B. Lykins, DNP, RN
Earn 6.5 Continuing Education Contact Hours
For more information, download the event flyer. Space is limited - register now! The deadline to register is August 6.
Learn how to:
- Describe risk and protective factors related to suicide.
- Demonstrate self-awareness of emotional reactions, attitudes, and beliefs related to previous experiences with suicide.
- Perform an independent risk assessment for self-directed violence (non-suicidal and suicidal) through use of a case study example based on competency based education.
- Develop a collaborative safety plan with the patient/family based on competency based education.
- Identify environmental hazards based on the unit and personal levels.
APNA Members: $59
APNA Student Members: Free
The cancellation deadline is August 8, 2019. All fees will be refunded except a $20 administrative fee. Cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be no refunds after the deadline.
American Psychiatric Nurses Association is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.