APNA New England Chapter Competency Based Training for Suicide Prevention
Competency Based Training for Suicide Prevention
Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Generalist Role
8:30am – 4:00pm
Skinner Hall, Room 112
651 North Pleasant St
Amherst, MA 01003
Cheryl Puntil, CNS, MN, APRN, PMHCNS, BC
Earn 6.5 Continuing Education Contact Hours
Registration for this event is now closed. For more information, download the event flyer.
Learn how to:
- Describe risk and protective factors related to suicide.
- Demonstrate self-awareness of emotional reactions, attitudes, and beliefs related to previous experiences with suicide.
- Perform an independent risk assessment for self-directed violence (non-suicidal and suicidal) through use of a case study example based on competency based education.
- Develop a collaborative safety plan with the patient/family based on competency based education.
- Identify environmental hazards based on the unit and personal levels.
Registration for this event is now closed.
APNA Members: $55
APNA Student Members: $30
Evening Reception - CANCELLED
The Evening Reception scheduled for after the training has been cancelled.
The cancellation deadline is May 3. All fees will be refunded except a $20 administrative fee. Cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be no refunds after the deadline. Partial credit is not available for the course. In order to participate and earn contact hours, you must arrive on time for the Live Training session.
The American Psychiatric Nurses Association is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.