APNA Pennsylvania Chapter Competency Based Training for Suicide Prevention
Competency Based Training for Suicide Prevention
Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Generalist Role
Saturday, September 8
8:00am - 4:30pm
Lehigh Valley Hospital Muhlenberg
2545 Schoenersville Rd
Bethlehem, PA 18017
Barbara Limandri, PhD, PMHCNS-BC & Beth Hockenbrock, MSN, RN-BC
Earn 6.5 Continuing Education Contact Hours
The training will take place in the Educational Conference Center in the North Entrance (under the large blue H). For more information, view the event flyer. Space is limited: register now! The deadline to register is September 2.
Learn how to:
- Describe risk and protective factors related to suicide.
- Demonstrate self-awareness of emotional reactions, attitudes, and beliefs related to previous experiences with suicide.
- Perform an independent risk assessment for self-directed violence (non-suicidal and suicidal) through use of a case study example based on competency based education.
- Develop a collaborative safety plan with the patient/family based on competency based education.
- Identify environmental hazards based on the unit and personal levels.
APNA Members: $65
APNA Student Members: $50
Student Nonmembers: $55
There is a group discount available ($60/person) for groups of 10 or more from a single facility. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cancellation deadline is August 24, 2018. All fees will be refunded except a $20 administrative fee. Cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. There will be no refunds after the deadline.
American Psychiatric Nurses Association is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.