APNA Pennsylvania Chapter Competency Based Training for Suicide Prevention
Competency Based Training for Suicide Prevention
Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Generalist Role
Saturday, April 6
8:00am - 4:00pm
St. Margaret’s School of Nursing
221 Seventh Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15238
Beth Hockenbrock, MSN, RN-BC
Earn 6.5 Continuing Education Contact Hours
For more information, view the event flyer. Space is limited: register now! The deadline to register is March 27.
Learn how to:
- Describe risk and protective factors related to suicide.
- Demonstrate self-awareness of emotional reactions, attitudes, and beliefs related to previous experiences with suicide.
- Perform an independent risk assessment for self-directed violence (non-suicidal and suicidal) through use of a case study example based on competency based education.
- Develop a collaborative safety plan with the patient/family based on competency based education.
- Identify environmental hazards based on the unit and personal levels.
APNA Members: $70
The cancellation deadline is March 23, 2019. All fees will be refunded except a $20 administrative fee. Cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be no refunds after the deadline.
American Psychiatric Nurses Association is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.