APNA Kansas Chapter Competency Based Training for Suicide Prevention
| | |
Officers | Events | Member Bridge
Competency Based Training for Suicide Prevention
Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Generalist Role
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
North Kansas City Hospital
2800 Clay Edwards Drive
North Kansas City, MO 64116
John Mader, BSN, RN-BC
Earn 6.5 Continuing Education Contact Hours
For more information, download the event flyer. Space is limited - register now! The deadline to register is Friday, October 5.
Learn how to:
- Describe risk and protective factors related to suicide.
- Demonstrate self-awareness of emotional reactions, attitudes, and beliefs related to previous experiences with suicide.
- Perform an independent risk assessment for self-directed violence (non-suicidal and suicidal) through use of a case study example based on competency based education.
- Develop a collaborative safety plan with the patient/family based on competency based education.
- Identify environmental hazards based on the unit and personal levels.
APNA Members: $59
Students (post license): $40 (only 10 spots available)
The cancellation deadline is September 28, 2018. All fees will be refunded except a $20 administrative fee. Cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be no refunds after the deadline.
American Psychiatric Nurses Association is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.