Competency Based Training for Suicide Prevention
Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Generalist Role
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Pueblo Community College
900 W Orman Avenue
Pueblo, CO 81004
Tina Aown, MSN, RN-BC, CNML and Christine Dynamite, BSN, RN-BC
Earn 6.5 Continuing Education Contact Hours
For more information, download the event flyer. Space is limited - register now! The deadline to register is October 24.
Learn how to:
- Describe risk and protective factors related to suicide.
- Demonstrate self-awareness of emotional reactions, attitudes, and beliefs related to previous experiences with suicide.
- Perform an independent risk assessment for self-directed violence (non-suicidal and suicidal) through use of a case study example based on competency based education.
- Develop a collaborative safety plan with the patient/family based on competency based education.
- Identify environmental hazards based on the unit and personal levels.
APNA Members: $55
APNA Student Members: $40
The cancellation deadline is October 18, 2018. All fees will be refunded except a $20 administrative fee. Cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. There will be no refunds after the deadline.
The American Psychiatric Nurses Association is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.