APNA New Mexico Chapter Competency Based Training for Suicide Prevention 2019
Competency Based Training for Suicide Prevention
Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Generalist Role
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Domenici Center for Health Sciences Education
North Wing, Room 2706 1001 Stanford NE
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque NM 87131
Shirlee Davidson MSN, CNS, RN
Earn 6.5 Continuing Education Contact Hours
For more information, download the event flyer. Space is limited - register now! The deadline to register is July 4.
Learn how to:
- Describe risk and protective factors related to suicide.
- Demonstrate self-awareness of emotional reactions, attitudes, and beliefs related to previous experiences with suicide.
- Perform an independent risk assessment for self-directed violence (non-suicidal and suicidal) through use of a case study example based on competency based education.
- Develop a collaborative safety plan with the patient/family based on competency based education.
- Identify environmental hazards based on the unit and personal levels.
APNA Members: $65
The cancellation deadline is July 5, 2019. All fees will be refunded except a $20 administrative fee. Cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be no refunds after the deadline. Partial credit is not available for the course. In order to participate and earn contact hours, you must arrive on time for the Live Training session.
The American Psychiatric Nurses Association is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.