2020 Chapter Educational Opportunity
Many of you seek advice on programming for your chapter conferences. To help your chapter impact suicide prevention in your community, APNA is offering you the opportunity to host the APNA Competency Based Training for Suicide Prevention as a chapter program in 2020. This full-day facilitated training is designed to teach essential skills in the assessment and management of persons at risk for suicide. An accredited and nationally recognized training, it may assist nurses in meeting state and local suicide prevention training requirements. Learners who successfully complete the program will earn 7.0 nursing continuing professional development (NCPD).
If your chapter is interested in offering this program, please contact APNA Chapter Support at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 4 months before the anticipated program date.
This exclusive opportunity for APNA Chapters includes the following terms:
- • Provide a participant workbook and contact hours at a reduced cost of $39 per participant (normally $59)*
- • Waive the $150 CE fee
- • Provide names of potential facilitators
- • Provide online registration and course webpage for the program
- • Provide marketing for the program through the APNA chapter website, emails, and a Competency Based Training for Suicide Prevention PMH-RN Generalist Role flyer template. All advertising will be reviewed by APNA as a part of the CE activity prior to dissemination.
Your chapter will:
- • Procure a facilitator** and pay their training fee, travel, and hotel.
- • Provide a venue with AV, including internet connection and speakers/audio appropriate for room size
- • Plan for a minimum 8 hour conference day in order to complete the 7 hours of program content plus attendee breaks, including time for lunch. Your chapter is responsible for communicating with the facilitator(s) to negotiate terms and logistics, as well as discussing the course schedule so that preparations for lunch and onsite sign-in can be completed.
- *We recommend that when setting the registration cost for your chapter program, you include the $39 fee for program materials & CE, as well as any needed amount to cover costs for venue, food, etc.
**More than 30 participants requires a minimum of 2 facilitators.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.