APNA Oregon Chapter Competency Based Training for Suicide Prevention 2021
Competency Based Training for Suicide Prevention
Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Generalist Role (Virtual)
Saturday, March 6
8:00am - 4:30pm Pacific
A Virtual Training
Barbara J. Limandri, PhD, PMHCNS-BC, Inga M. Giske, MSN, PMHNP-BC, NE-BC and Christina B. Dynamite, BSN, RN-BC
Earn 7.0 Nursing Continuing Professional Development Contact Hours
View the event agenda. Space is limited: register now! For more information, view the event flyer. The deadline to register is Friday, February 26th. If you’ve registered after February 22, we cannot guarantee your course workbook will arrive prior to the training. The workbook is not required in order to attend and participate in this training.
Learn how to:
- Describe risk and protective factors related to suicide.
- Demonstrate self-awareness of emotional reactions, attitudes, and beliefs related to previous experiences with suicide.
- Perform an independent risk assessment for self-directed violence (non-suicidal and suicidal) through use of a case study example based on competency based education.
- Develop a collaborative safety plan with the patient/family based on competency based education.
- Identify environmental hazards based on the unit and personal levels.
APNA Members: $49
The cancellation deadline is February 22, 2021. All fees will be refunded except a $20 administrative fee. Cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be no refunds after the deadline. Partial credit is not available for the course. In order to participate and earn contact hours, you must sign in on time and attend the full day of training.
American Psychiatric Nurses Association is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.