The APNA Iowa Chapter is happy to announce four scholarships available for the 2020-2021 year to promote the educational efforts of students in seeking higher education. To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current student in a BSN, MSN, DNP, or post-graduate certificate program or enrolled for the 2020-2021 school year
- Be a student member of APNA
- Submit an essay discussing how this scholarship will benefit you and why you have chosen to continue your education (800 words or fewer)
- Attend the APNA Iowa Chapter 2020 Conference on June 12, 2020 (complimentary registration included with scholarship)
- Submit a letter of reference from a faculty member
- Submit a current CV
The deadline to apply is April 1st, 2020.
APNA Iowa Chapter Conference
2020 Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing: Caring for the Future
Friday June 12th
University of Iowa College of Nursing
50 Newton Rd
Iowa City, IA 52242
We are thrilled to announce the recipients of the 2019 Benfer and Schroder Awards! View the recipients here.
The Iowa Chapter of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA). APNA is the premier voice of psychiatric-mental health nurses in the United States as well as internationally. In 1994, the Iowa Chapter was formally chartered as a chapter of APNA. Since that time, the Iowa Chapter has emerged as Iowa’s only formal professional organization for psychiatric nurses. We invite all psychiatric nurses practicing in Iowa and surrounding states to join.
Any APNA member who resides in Iowa is automatically a member of the Iowa Chapter. If you are interested in joining or renewing your membership, please see the Membership tab on APNA’s home page for more information about the application process and dues.
Advantages of Joining our Chapter
- An ongoing opportunity for networking with other nurses sharing common situations, challenges and goals.
- Continuing education on a regional basis at minimal cost to members
- Current information and potential action regarding issues impacting the field of psychiatric nursing.
- Nurses with a personal “grass roots” link with APNA.
Together, we can do it!
Member Bridge Network