Continuing Education Information
|EARN CE IN PERSON & ONLINE|
You can earn 123+ total contact hours at the APNA 33rd Annual Conference. Here's how:
Earn up to 25.25 total contact hours at the live conference. Continuing education contact hours are earned based on the number of sessions attended and evaluations completed. Attend the sessions of your choice, then complete online evaluations and generate your CE Certificate by the deadline of November 15, 2019.
Earn 95+ more contact hours at no additional cost with session recordings 2-3 months after the conference. Using the APNA eLearning Center, you'll have access to the PDF handouts, audio podcast files, and CE contact hours for the conference sessions you missed. And it's INCLUDED in your registration fee!
Pharmacology Contact Hours
These sessions eligible for pharmacology contact hours will be offered at the APNA 33rd Annual Conference (for a total of 7.5 contact hours):
- 1021 Integrating Brief Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) into Medication Management Visits: Advanced Practice PMH Nurses Leveraging their Psychotherapy Skills as well as their Knowledge of Pharmacology in 20 - 30 Minute Visits to Optimize Outcomes*
- 1031 Less is More: Deprescribing in PMHNP Practice*
- 2011 Ketamine Treatment: Promise for the Future and How Nurses Impact Care
- 2021 Exploring the Potential Use of Psychedelics for the Improvement of Persistent and Intractable Mental Health Symptoms
- 2041 Pharmacogenomics and Psychiatry: Current Trends and Practical Experience
- 2051 The Art of Polypharmacy: There’s a Pill for That
- 3011, 3021 Pharmacology Mini Concurrent Sessions
*Pre-Conference sessions: Registration for the Pre-Conference is an additional cost.
|CONFERENCE LEARNING OUTCOMES|
This conference program has been developed through a call for abstracts and peer review process informed by the conference theme and learning outcomes below. By the end of the conference, the learner will be better able to:
Explore the impact of human connections on mental health and whole health
Examine how neuroscience informs the practice of psychiatric-mental health nursing.
Advance psychiatric-mental health nursing through the application of the unique skill sets that support the whole health of our patients and communities.
|ONLINE EVALUATIONS & CE CERTIFICATE|
To earn CE for sessions you attend in-person at the conference, you will complete online evaluations. Options for completing your online evaluations include:
- In real-time as you go (if you have an internet connection through your smartphone, tablet, or laptop service provider)
- At the end of the day in your hotel room
- At the conference Evaluations Stations (computers available near Registration)
- After the conference. Jot down your responses in your program book during sessions, then log in at your convenience to complete the evaluations.
After evaluating the sessions you attended you'll complete the Overall Evaluation, which will unlock your CE Certificate. Your CE Certificate will be pre-populated with your information and contact hours earned. You can email it, save a PDF to your computer, or print it (printers will not be available at the on-site evaluations stations). Evaluation Deadline: November 15, 2019
|EARN MORE CE WITH SESSION PODCASTS|
The conference registration fee includes access to the session recordings and updated handouts via the APNA eLearning Center. About 2-3 months after the conference, you will receive an email with detailed instructions on how to order these sessions for free. You will be able to listen to each podcast directly on the site, or download the mp3 to listen to the session whenever (and wherever) desired.
If you did not attend the session on-site, you will then be able to come back to your account on the APNA eLearning Center to enter the CE Certificate code and complete the post test and evaluation. Your CE Certificate for each session will be generated with your name and address information already included!
“Having online access to review the many topics after the conference is invaluable.”
- APNA Annual Conference Attendee