Nursing Continuing Professional Development Information
|EARN CONTACT HOURS DURING AND AFTER THE CONFERENCE|
You can earn 110+ total contact hours at the APNA 34th Annual Conference. Here's how:
Earn 20+ contact hours during the live conference. Nursing continuing professional development contact hours are earned based on the number of sessions attended and evaluations completed. Attend the sessions of your choice, then complete online evaluations and generate your Certificate by the deadline of November 13, 2020.
Earn 90+ more contact hours at no additional cost with session recordings 2-3 months after the conference. Using the APNA eLearning Center, you'll have access to the PDF handouts, audio podcast files, and NCPD contact hours for the conference sessions you missed. And it's INCLUDED in your registration fee!
CONTACT HOURS SUMMARY
|“Having online access to review the many topics after the conference is invaluable.”
- APNA Annual Conference Attendee
Pharmacology Contact Hours
These sessions eligible for pharmacology contact hours will be offered at the APNA 34th Annual Conference (for a total of 7.0 contact hours):
- A Structured Approach to Deprescribing Psychotropic Medication
- Demystifying Clozapine to Support Recovery of Patients with Persistent Psychosis
- No More Fear: How to Select Medications for use During Pregnancy and Lactation
- "Not Just a Little Here and a Little There". Optimizing Best Practice Strategies For the Safe Cross-Titration and Tapering of Psychotropic Medications in Children and Adolescents
- The Last Five Years - new Classes, new Agents, new Delivery Systems for MDD, Bipolar and Schizophrenia. Plus a look at what's coming ahead!
- What is Happening to Our Child? Recognizing Pediatric Acute Onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome (PANS): Implications for Healthcare Providers
- What’s All the Excitement About? Ketamine/ Esketamine as Treatment Options
|CONFERENCE LEARNING OUTCOME|
This conference program has been developed through a call for abstracts and peer review process informed by the conference theme and learning outcome below. By the end of the conference, the learner will be better able to:
Recognize the unique contributions of psychiatric-mental health nurses to individuals, communities, health care systems and the nursing profession as a whole.
|ONLINE EVALUATIONS & CERTIFICATE|
To earn contact hours for sessions you attend in-person during the conference, you will complete online evaluations. Options for completing your online evaluations include:
- In real-time as you go
- At the end of each day
- After the conference. Jot down your responses during sessions, then log in at your convenience to complete the evaluations.
After evaluating the sessions you attended you'll complete the Overall Evaluation, which will unlock your Certificate. Your Certificate will be pre-populated with your information and contact hours earned. You can email it, save a PDF to your computer, or print it.
Evaluation Deadline: November 13, 2020
The conference registration fee includes access to session recordings and updated handouts via the APNA eLearning Center. About 2-3 months after the conference, you will receive an email with detailed instructions on how to order these sessions for free. You will be able to listen to each podcast directly on the site, or download the mp3 to listen to the session whenever (and wherever) desired.
If you did not attend the session during the conference, you will then be able to come back to your account on the APNA eLearning Center to enter the Certificate code and complete the post test and evaluation. Your Certificate for each session will be generated with your name and address information already included!