APNA Research Council
APNA members must log in
The Research Council supports APNA collaboration, development, and dissemination of psychiatric nursing research and to advance evidence-based practice as a core competency of professional psychiatric nurses.
The Research Council’s Strategic Plan is consistent with the APNA Strategic Direction, Goal I: To develop and disseminate knowledge to advance evidence-based psychiatric mental health practice.
Research Council Objectives
- Promote research focused on issues of relevance to psychiatric mental health nursing
- Assist members in developing skills needed to successfully move a research agenda forward and apply for and receive funding
- Encourage exchange among nurse scientists studying psychiatric mental health issues, psychiatric nurse clinicians and psychiatric nursing educators
- Support the dissemination of research focused on psychiatric mental health issues
- Assist members to conduct, understand and apply scientific evidence to practice