Psychiatric Nurse of the Year
The APNA Psychiatric Nurse of the Year Award recognizes an APNA member who demonstrates vision, perseverance, dedication, initiative and facilitation in the delivery of mental health services to individuals, families and their communities. The individual must have been a member of APNA for at least two years.
- Demonstrates vision in providing creative solutions.
- Exhibits and encourages risk taking.
- Challenges traditional roles and perspectives of psychiatric-mental health nursing.
- Champions the facilitation of mental health services for individuals/families/communities.
- Disseminates psychiatric-mental health nursing knowledge (published paper or oral presentation)
- Is recognized as a leader committed to assisting other nurses in their development as psychiatric-mental health nurses.
|Tags: APNA Awards and Honors|