Award for Innovation - Individual
The APNA Award for Innovation - Individual recognizes an APNA member who has developed and/or demonstrated a new, fresh approach to care through innovation in psychiatric-mental health nursing practice. The individual must have been a member of APNA for at least two years.
1. The innovation(s) must have been in place for at least one (1) year.
2. The innovation(s) may include, but not be limited to:
- a new role for a psychiatric-mental health nurse
- a new setting for a psychiatric-mental health nurse
- a new collaborative model
- a new care delivery model
- a new, evidence-based therapeutic intervention
- a new education model, innovative curriculum or course
- Click here and log in with your APNA username and password.
- On the My Applications screen, select APNA Annual Awards from the dropdown menu and then press the Launch Application button. (If you do not see the dropdown menu, please click My Applications in your navigation.)
- Complete the online nomination form.
- Use the tabs to navigate through each section of the form and remember to hit the Save as draft button as you go.
- When completing the form, be sure to include specific examples of how the nominee has achieved excellence in his/her practice, what makes the nominee stand out in the profession, and what the nominee has accomplished that meets the criteria.
- Find a reference to complete the form.
- On the reference tab of your nomination submission, enter a contact's name and email address to generate an email that will include a link to submit their reference.
- In order to be considered, each nomination must have both a nominator and a reference.
- Once your nomination is complete, press the Submit Final Nomination button.