Award for Excellence in Research
The APNA Award for Excellence in Research is granted to an APNA member who has made a significant contribution to research in psychiatric nursing care, education, leadership/management and/or health services. The individual must have been a member of APNA for at least two years.
- Nominee was the Principal Investigator or Project Director of the study, whose results have potential to improve psychiatric nursing care and/or psychiatric nursing education.
- The research can be in the areas of clinical practice, education, leadership/management and/or psychiatric health services.
- The research may have been presented at a conference or published in a peer-reviewed journal.
- The research paper may have been presented at a peer-reviewed regional, national or international conference.
- Click here and log in with your APNA username and password.
- On the My Applications screen, select APNA Annual Awards from the dropdown menu and then press the Launch Application button. (If you do not see the dropdown menu, please click My Applications in your navigation.)
- Complete the online nomination form.
- Use the tabs to navigate through each section of the form and remember to hit the Save as draft button as you go.
- When completing the form, be sure to include specific examples of how the nominee has achieved excellence in his/her practice, what makes the nominee stand out in the profession, and what the nominee has accomplished that meets the criteria.
- Find a reference to complete the form.
- On the reference tab of your nomination submission, enter a contact's name and email address to generate an email that will include a link to submit their reference.
- In order to be considered, each nomination must have both a nominator and a reference.
- Once your nomination is complete, press the Submit Final Nomination button.
Nominations Deadline: Tuesday, April 21, 2020.