Award for Excellence in Leadership - Advanced
The APNA Award for Excellence in Leadership - APRN honors an APNA APRN member who has distinguished him/herself as an accomplished nursing leader. The individual must have been a member of APNA for at least two years.
- Shows evidence of demonstrating unique leadership qualities in the practice, management or education arena in psychiatric-mental health nursing practice in work settings and organizational settings (local, state, national and/or international levels).
- Shows evidence of mentoring others in their development as psychiatric-mental health nurses by example and teaching peers and other health care workers in work and organizational settings as well as work with nursing students in APRN programs as a preceptor.
- Shows evidence of continuously improving his/her skills and knowledge base through a variety of self-enhancement activities and supervision. This is accomplished by attendance at national conferences and by utilizing supervision.
- Shows evidence of participating in political activities associated with psychiatric-mental health issues.
The nominations deadline has passed. Thank you for submitting a nomination!
To submit a nomination:
- Complete the online nomination form.
- When completing the form, be sure to include specific examples of how the nominee has achieved excellence in his/her practice, what makes the nominee stand out in the profession, and what the nominee has accomplished that meets the criteria.
- Find a reference to complete the form.
- In order to be considered, each nomination must have both a nominator and a reference.
Nominations Deadline: Monday, April 23, 2018