Award for Excellence in Leadership - Advanced
The APNA Award for Excellence in Leadership - APRN honors an APNA APRN member who has distinguished him/herself as an accomplished nursing leader. The individual must have been a member of APNA for at least two years.
- Shows evidence of demonstrating unique leadership qualities in the practice, management or education arena in psychiatric-mental health nursing practice in work settings and organizational settings (local, state, national and/or international levels).
- Shows evidence of mentoring others in their development as psychiatric-mental health nurses by example and teaching peers and other health care workers in work and organizational settings as well as work with nursing students in APRN programs as a preceptor.
- Shows evidence of continuously improving his/her skills and knowledge base through a variety of self-enhancement activities and supervision. This is accomplished by attendance at national conferences and by utilizing supervision.
- Shows evidence of participating in political activities associated with psychiatric-mental health issues.
- Click here and log in with your APNA username and password.
- On the My Applications screen, select APNA Annual Awards from the dropdown menu and then press the Launch Application button. (If you do not see the dropdown menu, please click My Applications in your navigation.)
- Complete the online nomination form.
- Use the tabs to navigate through each section of the form and remember to hit the Save as draft button as you go.
- When completing the form, be sure to include specific examples of how the nominee has achieved excellence in his/her practice, what makes the nominee stand out in the profession, and what the nominee has accomplished that meets the criteria.
- Find a reference to complete the form.
- On the reference tab of your nomination submission, enter a contact's name and email address to generate an email that will include a link to submit their reference.
- In order to be considered, each nomination must have both a nominator and a reference.
- Once your nomination is complete, press the Submit Final Nomination button.
Nominations Deadline: Tuesday, April 21, 2020.