Award for Excellence in Education
The APNA Award for Excellence in Education recognizes an APNA member who has fostered the professional growth of psychiatric-mental health nurses through imparting knowledge, skill and critical analysis to the field. The individual must have been a member of APNA for at least two years.
- Demonstrates contributions to the education of nurses as, for example, a faculty member, administrator, educator, staff development coordinator, staff nurse, quality professional or clinical specialist.
- Demonstrates innovative approaches in disseminating new knowledge in the field of psychiatric-mental health nursing.
- Demonstrates collaboration with other disciplines in knowledge dissemination.
- Demonstrates positive mentoring to peers and new nurses.
- Click here and log in with your APNA username and password.
- On the My Applications screen, select APNA Annual Awards from the dropdown menu and then press the Launch Application button. (If you do not see the dropdown menu, please click My Applications in your navigation.)
- Complete the online nomination form.
- Use the tabs to navigate through each section of the form and remember to hit the Save as draft button as you go.
- When completing the form, be sure to include specific examples of how the nominee has achieved excellence in his/her practice, what makes the nominee stand out in the profession, and what the nominee has accomplished that meets the criteria.
- Find a reference to complete the form.
- On the reference tab of your nomination submission, enter a contact's name and email address to generate an email that will include a link to submit their reference.
- In order to be considered, each nomination must have both a nominator and a reference.
- Once your nomination is complete, press the Submit Final Nomination button.