Award for Excellence in Education
The APNA Award for Excellence in Education recognizes an APNA member who has fostered the professional growth of psychiatric-mental health nurses through imparting knowledge, skill and critical analysis to the field. The individual must have been a member of APNA for at least two years.
- Demonstrates contributions to the education of nurses as, for example, a faculty member, administrator, educator, staff development coordinator, staff nurse, quality professional or clinical specialist.
- Demonstrates innovative approaches in disseminating new knowledge in the field of psychiatric-mental health nursing.
- Demonstrates collaboration with other disciplines in knowledge dissemination.
- Demonstrates positive mentoring to peers and new nurses.
- Click here and click the Register button to create an account. New this year: Even if you have submitted a nomination in the past, you will need to create an account. If the system says you have an account but you do not know your password, please click Forgot Password.
- On the My Programs screen, select APNA Annual Awards from the dropdown menu and then press the Create button. (If you do not see the dropdown menu, please click My Dashboard in your navigation.)
- Complete the online nomination form. Please note: you must be an APNA member to submit a nomination.
- Use the tabs to navigate through each section of the form and remember to hit the Save as draft button as you go.
- When completing the form, be sure to include specific examples of how the nominee has achieved excellence in their area, what makes the nominee stand out in the profession, and what the nominee has accomplished that meets the award criteria.
- Find a reference to also complete the form and support your nomination. The reference does not need to be an APNA member.
- Once you have selected a reference, go to the reference tab of your nomination. Enter their name and email address to generate an email request with a link to submit their letter of reference.
- In order to be considered, each nomination must have both a nominator and a reference.
- Once your nomination is complete, press the Submit Final Nomination button. Be sure to submit your completed nomination (with reference) by April 23, 2021.