Award for Distinguished Service
The APNA Award for Distinguished Service is intended as recognition for commitment, initiative, loyalty, integrity and exceptional and meritorious service to the American Psychiatric Nurses Association. This service may include, but is not limited to: officer, board member, state or regional representative, task forces or committees of either national APNA or its affiliated chapters and those individuals who may not have held office but provided outstanding service to psychiatric-mental health nursing through membership in APNA. The individual must have been a member of APNA for at least two years.
- Demonstrates consistent leadership in promoting and advancing psychiatric-mental health nursing.
- Is recognized by colleagues in the profession for outstanding service in the areas of public advocacy, organizational leadership, education or research.
- Has demonstrated dedicated service and sustained commitment to furthering the development of APNA and its members.
- Has attended at least two (2) APNA conferences in the past five (5) years.
- Click here and log in with your APNA username and password.
- On the My Applications screen, select APNA Annual Awards from the dropdown menu and then press the Launch Application button. (If you do not see the dropdown menu, please click My Applications in your navigation.)
- Complete the online nomination form.
- Use the tabs to navigate through each section of the form and remember to hit the Save as draft button as you go.
- When completing the form, be sure to include specific examples of how the nominee has achieved excellence in his/her practice, what makes the nominee stand out in the profession, and what the nominee has accomplished that meets the criteria.
- Find a reference to complete the form.
- On the reference tab of your nomination submission, enter a contact's name and email address to generate an email that will include a link to submit their reference.
- In order to be considered, each nomination must have both a nominator and a reference.
- Once your nomination is complete, press the Submit Final Nomination button.
Nominations Deadline: Tuesday, April 21, 2020