Award for Distinguished Service
The APNA Award for Distinguished Service is intended as recognition for commitment, initiative, loyalty, integrity and exceptional and meritorious service to the American Psychiatric Nurses Association. This service may include, but is not limited to: officer, board member, state or regional representative, task forces or committees of either national APNA or its affiliated chapters and those individuals who may not have held office but provided outstanding service to psychiatric-mental health nursing through membership in APNA. The individual must have been a member of APNA for at least two years.
- Demonstrates consistent leadership in promoting and advancing psychiatric-mental health nursing.
- Is recognized by colleagues in the profession for outstanding service in the areas of public advocacy, organizational leadership, education or research.
- Has demonstrated dedicated service and sustained commitment to furthering the development of APNA and its members.
- Has attended at least two (2) APNA conferences in the past five (5) years.
The nominations deadline has passed. Thank you for submitting a nomination!
To submit a nomination:
- Complete the online nomination form.
- When completing the form, be sure to include specific examples of how the nominee has achieved excellence in his/her practice, what makes the nominee stand out in the profession, and what the nominee has accomplished that meets the criteria.
- Find a reference to complete the form.
- In order to be considered, each nomination must have both a nominator and a reference.
Nominations Deadline: Monday, April 23, 2018