APNA Education Council
APNA members must log in
|List of Council Members|
We would like to welcome everyone to the Education Council. We also want to thank you for all the work you have done and are continuing to do on behalf of APNA and the Council. We want to continue to be able to tap everyone's expertise including all members of the Steering Committee and the Advisory Panel. APNA's strategic direction will help us to move ahead regarding our plan and goals. Please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to working with you!
Todd B. Hastings Education Council Chair
Traci T. Sims, Education Council Associate Chair
APNA Members are encouraged to contact the Education Council Co-chairs via Member Bridge:
Non-APNA Members mayor to contact the co-chairs
What does the Education Council do?
- Provides expertise to advise the APNA board on matters relating to all aspects of education and psychiatric-mental health nursing
- Includes undergraduate, graduate,and post graduate.
How does the Education Council operate?
- The Council meets via conference calls, webinars, email and Member Bridge. There is also an opportunity for those committee members who attend the Annual Conference to meet in person.
- APNA members participate in Education Council activities via work groups led by the Steering Committee.
Some Education Council responsibilities or projects include:
- Assure that psychiatric mental health nursing undergraduate and graduate education receives proper attention and focus by APNA
- Submit proposals to be reviewed for pre-conference and interactive panel sessions at the APNA Annual Conference
- Identify and compile a database of current psychiatric mental health undergraduate and graduate education programs and a contact person for each
- Develop a plan for aligning psychiatric nursing education with the Consensus Model for APRN Regulation: Licensure, Accreditation, Certification, and Education
- Report psychiatric-mental health nursing education issues to the APNA Board annually for dissemination to the membership
- Make recommendations on issues referred to the council by the Board of Directors