2021 APNA Elections: Call for Nominations
Focused on the big picture for PMH nursing?
Passionate about APNA's strategic direction, mission, purpose, & values?
Looking for professional growth & lasting connections?
Nominate yourself for a position on the APNA Board of Directors or Nominating Committee to hone your leadership skills, make lasting contributions to psychiatric-mental health nursing, and form rewarding relationships with colleagues!
"Serving on the board allows me to contribute to diversity of thought, provides me insights into current trends, and gives me the unique opportunity to influence the direction of PMH nursing and how we impact diverse populations.”
- Board Member-at-Large Eugenia Millender, PhD, RN, PMHNP-BC, CDE
- Wednesday, 4/7: Nominations Deadline
- Monday, 5/24: Election Polls Open
- Monday, 7/26: Election Polls Close
- August: Election Results Announced
- October: Term of Office Begins
Submit a Nomination
To nominate yourself or a colleague, email your contact information to Lisa Nguyen by Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at email@example.com. Additional information and a form will be provided upon receipt of your email.
When considering candidates, the Nominating Committee is guided by the following section from the APNA Bylaws:
Section 2. Qualifications
All Directors and Officers, except the Executive Director, must be voting members in good standing for at least one year immediately prior to assuming office. Nominees for the officer and director positions who have actively served the APNA shall be considered to have preferred qualifications. All nominees shall be required to file a conflict of interest statement. Insofar as possible, the Nominating Committee will endeavor to have a balanced slate of candidates reflecting geography, gender, professional experience, and racial diversity in order to achieve a balanced Board of Directors reflective of the membership.
Serving on the Board of Directors
The APNA Board of Directors are responsible for the governance of the organization through upholding APNA's mission and purpose. The Board guides the association through the development, review, and application of APNA's strategic direction, core values, and goals.
- Stay abreast of current developments in psychiatric-mental health nursing, nursing, and mental health
- Review materials and participate in discussions with fellow board members online through Member Bridge
- Participate in monthly meetings
- Attend three "face-to-face" board meetings each year (February, June, October)
Serving on the 2022 Nominating Committee
The 2022 APNA Nominating Committee is charged with reviewing the nominations and selecting the slate of candidates for the 2022 election year.
- Review nominations online throughout March/April 2022
- Participate in approximately three meetings to finalize the election slate