About the Clinical Psychopharmacology Institute
The APNA 15th Annual Clinical Psychopharmacology Institute
Who: RN-PMH and advanced practice psychiatric nurses - especially those who administer and/or prescribe medications.
When: June 8-11, 2017
Where: Hyatt Regency Baltimore on the Inner Harbor | Learn More About Baltimore
Why: Earn up to 23 continuing nursing education contact hours at the conference and network with colleagues, discuss issues in PMHN, and stay up-to-date on the latest evidence-based best practices!
- Visit the Registration Pricing page for registration information and pricing.
- Register before the Early Bird Deadline of May 15th to save $75 over the Regular Registration Rate.
- Be sure to check out the Pre-Conference Course presented by CDR Joseph Holshoe, PMHNP-BC
APNA Room Rate*: $163 single/double
Registration is open!
June 2, 2017
June 8-11, 2017
July 24, 2017
The full program information has been posted:
Continuing Education Information
Continuing education contact hours are awarded based on the number of sessions attended and evaluations completed. The APNA 15th Annual Clinical Psychopharmacology Institute will offer up to 23 total contact hours.
Conference Educational Learning Objectives
By the end of this conference the learner will be better able to:
- Incorporate evidence-based psychopharmacologic mental health nursing practice interventions that promote healthy brains, people, and lives.
- Discuss the science of personalized psychopharmacology including principles of neurotransmission, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics and their influence on psychopharmacologic nursing practice.
- Relate new discoveries in psychopharmacology and neuroscience to the nursing practice of caring for persons with complex psychiatric disorders.
CPI At a Glance
Get a snapshot of the 15th Annual Clinical Psychopharmacology Institute with an infographic covering the basics.
CPI Program Committee
Julie Carbray, PhD, APN, BC
Kim G. Cox, MSN, RN, CNSCDR Joseph M. Holshoe, MSN, PMHNP-BCBarbara Limandri, DNSc, RN, PMHCNS-BC
Christian Teter, PharmD, BCPP - Consultant
Georgia Stevens, PhD, APRN, PMHCNS, BC
Barbara Jones Warren, PhD, PMHCNS-BC
The American Psychiatric Nurses Association is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.